Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mixed Media - Dreams

I did a mixed media art challenge with a friend, Sue, on YT!  This page is what I came up with.  It's my first attempt at mixed media in my art journal, and I really had a lot of fun with it.  I'm definitely looking forward to getting more practice in. 

I started this project with a layer of white Gesso, then used the Gelato paints from Faber Castell to color the background.  The words are a modeling paste used with a TCW template.  All of the shimmer on this page is from the Creative Inspirations Paint store.  The silhouette image is something I found online and printed up, then fussy cut it and heat embossed it with the Deliquesce Black from CIP.  Next I die cut the lamppost (holiday lamppost from Sizzix) on lightweight black chipboard, painted it with Coal and Buttercup CIP paints, and then heat embossed it with the Deliquesce Clear.  I used Fairy Dust paint over the words, and Winter Frost across the images and areas of the background.  The die cut and silhouette were adhered with an acrylic matte medium, which I also used to seal the entire page when I was done.
You can also see a video of this project here (or on my YT channel at FaerieTalesWithPaper):


Here are the Challenges/Link-Ups I'd like to enter:
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Something Messy
DL Art - Thankful Thursday Anything Goes
Artists in Blogland - Show and Tell Saturday

Don't forget to check out the current 'Inspired by' challenge: HERE on the Creative Inspirations Paint blog!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

hugs
Kimberly

10 comments:

Marcia Beckett said...

The silhouette image is mysterious. Interesting piece. Thanks for sharing at A in B.

Sarah said...

Great blue background and love the white writing. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Sarah.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Such a brilliant take with the mixed media art!! I love the background design! TFS! Thanks for sharing!! Have a happy day! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* - Stampin' Up! demo
*My Blog - Stamp Smiles

~ Kendra ~ said...

Beautiful!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh I just LOVE this, FABULOUS!!~

Davi said...

Fab job on your journal page Kimberly! Love the colors and the cool mysterious look :)

Shannon White said...

Wowie Kimberly!! Love your Mixed Media Art page!! Super silhouette! And Love the pretty shimmery blue's and gray's 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Kristie W. said...

This is fantastic! Great image and I love what you did with the background!

Anonymous said...

The challenge was a lot of fun Kimberly! You did a great job on yours.

Anonymous said...

The challenge was a lot of fun Kimberly! You did a great job on yours.