Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sentimental Sundays #3

Wow, where do the weekends slip away to? Well here is a fun point to add to your week, a new challenge with Sentimental Sundays. Be sure to stop by the blog and see the fun creations by the rest of the design team!  This is challenge #3, and the theme is:
New Beginnings

I've used one of Ann's lovely sentiments from a Celebration set. I was thinking of new relationships, the similarities and differences that bring people together, and of the variety in the beautiful new flowers of Spring.  The flowers are stamped from a Basic Grey set.


You must use a sentiment somewhere on your card, and follow the theme however you may interpret it, in order to enter the challenge. While Ann (Raindrop Echo Designs) offers fabulous freebies, and also sells a wide variety of sentiment stamps through Whimsy Stamps, you are free to use any sentiment you choose (from any company, one of your own, etc). Be sure to link up on the Sentimental Sundays blog before the next challenge, and use a direct link to make it easy for us to find your fabulous card or project!

I'm entering this card into these challenges as well:
I Love Digi #7: Charming
Clean and Simple #90: Sketch (their sketches are really helping me clean up cards!)
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge # 83: Metal (Charm)
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges #23: Metal Mania (Charm)
ColourQ Challenge #32: Kiwi Kiss, Groovy Guava, Kraft, Basic Black, Vanilla
Oh La La Creations Challenges #53:  Minimalist

22 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Great quote, great colors, GREAT card! Love that little charm too!

raindropecho said...

Fantastic, Kimberly. Really, the picture is great, too! I love how you've you've created this CAS card, but somehow, it still makes a dramatic impact. Wonderful :)

Gina said...

Lovin' the funky rtero/clean n simple look you've managed to get with this card!
love as always Gina x x x

Wendi said...

Beautiful card I love the simplicity of it
Lovely Quote and ribbon charm
Thank you for joining us at OOh La la this week I do hope we see you again
Wendi

Anne said...

Clean and simple and perfect for the OLL challenge. Thanks for dropping by to share it with us. Hugs x

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Hi Kimberly,

What a beautiful card. I love the sentiment and the way that you made the card.
It's just amazing. Be sure to check out the blog of Shelly's Images on Thursday... perhaps you can join us there as well.
xxxx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card. Anesha

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

I love your card, the flowers and clours compliment the sentiment beautifully! x

Cheryl said...

Lovely card! I love the bright and cheery colors.

Ann English said...

What a lovely card, Kimberly! It is clean and simply beautiful!

Bonita Rose said...

love it! beautiful card..and I so love that sentiment!

Elaine ♥ said...

Great clean and simple card, and love your charm too :)

Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi this week :)

Elaine x

Stef H said...

oh i love it! simple, elegant & fun - all at the same time!!! love that charm too!

Annika said...

It's a stunning card - I love clean and simple layouts and never seem to be able to create one myself :(
TFS
Hugs
Annika

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! Glad you played with us this week! I need to stop by the SS blog to play along too!

mudmaven said...

Absolutely beautiful! Very, very elegant and classy. ~chris

Ceal said...

so cute and simple, wonderful!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I really love the sentiment! Great job with FTL90!

♥♥♥Lea

Sam said...

Wow, I love that sentiment and how the simplicity of this card really works so well with it.

Poppy said...

lovely card.
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi
poppy

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, adorable card.
luv
Debby

Paul said...

Thanks for joining in with us at I Love Digi. Hope to see you again,
Paul